PIs there a cure? As a loud, chronic snorer this question must have come to your mind often.
It’s bedtime. After a long day at work, it’s time to slip into the comfort of your pyjamas and hit your bed to get the much-needed dose of long and peaceful sleep. Except, a refreshing sleep has eluded you for years. Your sleep is disturbed and fragmented. Worse still, there is a loud and resonant snore, which keeps your wife awake as well.
Why do we snore and how to stop snoring?
As we get older, our breathing passages narrow, and air rushing through the tighter spaces creates vibration in the soft tissue at the back of the mouth. This causes loud snoring. One of the biggest myths about snoring is that it is a sign of sound sleep. But remember, your snoring could pose much serious threats to your health. According to a research by AAC Nielsen-Philips, around 62 per cent Indians suffer from Sleep Apnea, a condition directly correlated to your snoring. It puts you at a much higher risk of lifestyle diseases like diabetes, hypertension and other heart conditions. Which is why it is extremely imperative to find the right cure.
Searching for a Snoring Solution
Here I am giving you some tips for snoring solution. Please read this blog carefully and know How to Stop Snoring?
1. Consult a Sleep Specialist - The first step to a cure is acknowledging the fact that a loud and chronic snoring needs medical intervention. You need to first consult a specialist about your sleep cycle and the possible risk of Sleep Apnea.
2. Get a sleep study done – A sleep study is a detailed overnight diagnostic test of your sleep cycle where physiological changes in your body are monitored. The sleep study can be done in a sleep lab or at home
3. Treatment options – After your consultation and a detailed sleep study, you would be better informed regarding your condition. Based on your results, you would be advised suitable treatment options. A few of these may include
4. Customized Oral Appliance – This device is designed to move the lower jaw and tongue slightly forward to open up the airway. By keeping your airway open, it prevents snoring.
5. CPAP Machine – If you’re diagnosed with sleep apnea you could be advised the CPAP machine. It is a small device, which keeps your airway open through positive air pressure support and ensures sufficient oxygen reaches your body.
6. Lifestyle Changes – Adopting healthier lifestyle choices to regulate your sleep cycle would compliment your treatment and ensure its effectiveness. A few simple things like reducing the intake of alcohol and caffeine, quitting smoking; reducing your weight and exercising daily are recommended.
It’s unrealistic to believe your snoring will somehow get better on its own. Ignoring your snoring poses a serious threat to your health and well-being. And while it helps to read up on your condition, we urge you to take action now! Pick up your phone and give us a call at 9015209209.